Waste management work
Leicestershire County Council
Worked with the Partnership Manager on the development of a new cost/ performance model for food waste recycling; and the production of a feasibility study and business plan. April to November 2008.
Essex County Council
Technical and project management support to a major competitive dialogue procurement. Support of inter-authority agreement process through the production of cost model and project documentation. April 2008 to October 2008.
- Generation of options appraisal report for LATS compliance in the short, medium and long term. May 2008.
Wear Valley District Council
- Generation of a new waste management strategy for the Council. Comprehensive stakeholder engagement, options appraisal process, performance modelling, tailoring of report to reflect developing client perspectives. January to April 2008.
Essex County Council
- Review and evaluation of the HWRC service, development of new contractor bonus mechanism and procurement support. Developed a new bonus mechanism which contributed to savings of £2 million per annum for the re-let contract for the northern area.
- Work on a data warehouse and electronic billing mechanism for the waste management service. This involves working with 12 district partners to identify a set of joint benefits in the context of positive change management.
- April 2006-October 2007
Leicestershire County Council (consultancy)
- Supporting managers in the delivery of a major waste management PFI project. Advice delivered included: – shaping of the programme, governance arrangements including risk control, new service development, training for managers in time efficient workshops, LATS strategy, waste minimisation, business planning, key project documents, liaising with other advisors, PQQ evaluation process for long term technical advisors, liaison with DEFRA, change management work with district partners, design of communications plan, statutory consultations, advice on new computer systems etc.
- Creation of business model with sensitivity analysis for cost and performance for new district council kitchen waste collections and change management work to implement.
- May 2006 to July 2007.
Dover District Council
- Provided consultancy support in order to generate a new environmental strategy to achieve B.V.P.I. compliance.
To discuss your requirements please feel free to contact Vincent on
Waste professionals should join the Chartered Institute of Wastes Management
For excellent CIPS training in procurement go to the Essex and Suffolk School of Purchasing